Tutorial Team Fail0verflow's Fedora distro for 4.05

Staff member
Jul 31, 2016
This tutorial is made possible by valentinbreiz, markus95 and logic-sunrise.com. The Linux (Fedora) distribution used is compiled with 3D drivers and emulators.
This tutorial is not written by me, I followed and translated it. Nobody is responsible if for whatever reason you brick your console.

Required Files / Hardware:
1. PS4 Linux Loader Payload
2. Fail0verFlow's Fedora Distro
3. Rufus Portable
4. 8GB USB Flash Drive (Tested with both USB3.0 and 2.0)
5. USB keyboard + mouse (to navigate in Linux)

Compatible Consoles:
  • CUH-1102A (Should work)
  • CUH-1115A (Should work)
  • CUH-1116A (Should work)
  • CUH-1216 (Not working)
  • CUH-1216A (Not working)
  • CUH-1208B (Not working)
  • CUH-1216B (Not working)
  • CUH-7016B (Not working)

Part 1: Creating a Linux bootmedium
Open Rufus and select DD Image from the dropdown menu under Format Options. Make sure your screen looks exactly like this screenshot:

Click on the icon next to DD Image and select the Fedora image you downloaded earlier (unzip the zip file first). Click Start, and if a prompt shows up, press OK.

Part 2: Running the kernel exploit
This is an easy step because all you have to do is run the exploit on your 4.05 console (You can use this online mini Playground and click on IDC Exploit).

In case you haven't got a clue on how to do this I suggest you skip this tutorial.

Part 3: Insert Flash Drive and inject payload
Connect your USB Flash Drive with the PS4 (port to the right). After that inject the payload ps4-Linux-Loader.bin.
Your console now needs a couple of minutes before rebooting into Linux and launching the Fedora distro.

• The console doesn't boot in to the distribution, what can I do? I suggest to try it again, if that doesn't help try another Flash Drive. Some users have stated the problem was solved when using a different one.
  • My console is not compatible, can I run Linux? Not for now.

Source: Logic-Sunrise.com